We’re working with Argos, the UK’s leading general merchandise retailer, to trial a national UK Click & Collect service. This means shoppers will be able to pick up products from eBay sellers at Argos stores throughout the UK.
Over the coming months, at least 50 eBay sellers will participate in this project, enabling selected merchandise to be available for collection from around 150 Argos stores nationally.
As shoppers continue to use digital channels and expect more delivery options for their orders, Click & Collect is expected to grow significantly in the UK. According to the Econsultancy Online Shopping Survey, 40% of UK shoppers used some form of Click & Collect service over Christmas 2012.
With this initiative, eBay sellers will be able to offer even more choice and convenience to their eBay customers. It will give eBay sellers in the trial a great way to offer convenient local collection.
The process will be easy for sellers both small and large. The order will be received in the same way as any other on eBay, the item will be packaged and collected. The buyer will be notified when it is ready for collection from their nominated Argos store.
The trial is due to go live ahead of the Christmas shopping period.
Take a look at our video for more information.
How does it work for shoppers?
- eBay items that can be collected at Argos will be flagged in eBay search results and view item pages. Customers will purchase the item from an eBay seller, on eBay, and collect from a convenient Argos store.
- Customers will be able to pick up their parcels from an eBay collection point in-store with around 150 Argos stores nationally.
How does it work for merchants?
- The combined capabilities of eBay and Argos will give eBay merchants the opportunity to offer a convenient new local collection option to their customers.
- The process is easy for merchants. They simply process the order and prepare it for collection.
- Further details of the logistics will be announced in due course
How were sellers selected?
- The trial will launch with selected sellers with a live interest in Click & Collect.
When does it launch, and with how many Argos stores?
- It is launching in the final quarter of 2013.
- With 150 Argos stores participating in the initial trial, shoppers from all over the country will be able to buy on eBay and pick up their purchases close to home – and delivery will be absolutely free.